Sign in with
Your question

Front audio jack

Last response: in Components
August 1, 2003 2:16:34 AM

I just bought a new case (Fudin ATX 268) and it has USB on the front as well as holes for audio jacks (microphone and headphones). The USB only requires that I connect the cable to the motherboard. But how do I get audio to the front panel? I need some sort of cable that goes from the sound card to the front panel. Where do I buy one?

More about : front audio jack

August 1, 2003 2:05:26 PM

Depends on what audio card your using. some onboard audios will have a cable supplied with the MB.
Check the web site of your audio card/MB maker to see if they have one.
By the way list what you have so we can help better.
August 1, 2003 4:30:43 PM

I have a SB Audigy and an Asus 875E, but I don't have the cable to add a front headphone jack.
Related resources
August 1, 2003 11:54:02 PM

Can't find any info online about Fudin cases. Is there any sort of cable attached to the case for the audio plugs, or just holes? If there is a cable, what sort of connector does it have?

<font color=white><b>_________________________________________________</font color=white></b>
Armadillo<font color=orange>[</font color=orange><font color=green>TcC</font color=green><font color=orange>]</font color=orange> at Lanwar and MML
August 2, 2003 10:48:43 AM

The case should have a wire already attached to the jack. Mine does. It works with the new motherboards with onboard sound. It's a new intel standard or somthing. I would assume that a brand new sound card would have it also. So you would probobly have to have an audigy 2. But I can't say for sure. I know my new mother board has the connections (P4P800).
August 4, 2003 9:52:04 PM

The case only had the holes for front audio, but no wires or jacks.

I returned the case (I thought it had front audio), so never mind any way.
!