Black screen with cursor

LucianDeleon

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
I am getting the black screen with just the cursor. I have tried to boot up in safe mode and I still get nothing. I have tried to put in my windows 7 disk and do a repair and that does not work either. What can I do to fix this?

miimario221

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Look it just happened to me yesterday. Follow my instrucions so everything goes good.
1. Get a Linux Distribution (any) CD / DVD
2. Boot it to your PC
3. Pass the most important files of your Windows partition (music, documents, donwloads...) to a portable hard drive or USB.
4. Restart and place the Windows 7 disk and FORMAT your Windows partition. YOU WILL LOST EVERYTHING! SO BACKUP EVERYTHING AT POINT 3!
5. Once you formatted reinstall Windows.
6. You done!

This is a common error made by a new generation malware.
So becareful .

Good Luck!

LucianDeleon

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

What about all my programs? Am I gonna lose those?

skrillaxe

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

Hi LucianDeleon,

Black screen with blinking cursor means that there could be a problem with you're hard disk.
what you can try is to reseat the Hard disk and try to boot again to see if you can get into windows normal mode of Safe mode.
otherwise you need to test you Hard disk on failure's when a error occures on the Hard drive you need to replace it.

Best Program that you can use to test you're Hard disk is Hirens Boot CD.
This CD contains a couple of test tools witch you can run.

Please keep me informed with the progress :hello:

mansinghhansda

Reputable
Feb 14, 2016
I Tried all the above method , but none of them worked for me . I didnt have any backup CD or a new OS to reinstall .
I was unable to get into Safe Mode nor was able to see task manager . All the keys F2,F8,F12 , ctrl+shift+esc , ctrl+alt+del
failed to do anything . I loose hoped and was going to see service centre , but still I thought to do a last try .
While still my laptop was showing a black screen with an arrow on it . I suddenly removed it battery .
I pluged in my charger and without battery I started . To my surprise it started again and all came back to normal
I thanks all the people to bringing up this forum and sharing all their experience which is reallyy helpful