Dropping internet connection on wired computer

steven

ISP : Bellsouth
Base Stn : MN-700

Computer XP

I have an issue that internet gets drop frequently every
2 mins firmware is uptodate, reset the base station to
factory default, reconfigured the pppoe connection, no
firewall, spyware and pop-up blockers

is there any solution for this issue

while connecting through dsl modem it's working fine

thanks in advance

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Dear Steven,

Look at the base station log. Do you see a PADT call at
the time of disconnect?

If so, I quote the "joker" on this Newgroup who has
helped many folks with the same problem...

"The PADT terminates the PPPoE connection and there is a
problem with the Microsoft routers that they refuse to
automatically reconnect after receiving that signal. The
workaround for that issue is to set the router to
disconnect before the PADT is sent and enable the auto
connect feature."