Philips S/C ok?

siranthony

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2001
Hi,
I just built my new system ASUS P4P800 deluxe P4 2.4c. I have overclocked the system quite a bit. It seems rock solid. I ran sandra for 9 hours straight with no problems. I didn't like the onbloard sound. I also wanted to have a card that could take some of the load of the CPU. I generally think SB is an overbloated overpriced product. The Santa cruz looked apealing. But the Philips PSC705 looked about the equivelent and was only $25 versus $79. I noticed a big difference in sound from the onboard. The problem is when I mess around with Bass Treble sliders in edge series software I get the blue screen. It says something about checking my software installation. Then dumps the memory and reboots. I'm trying to figure out if it's the Phillips software or if I have overclocked too muhch.

Thanks

Its the Phillips card, I bought one just to check it out, ran it in a test machine, I run the Santa Cruz in my computer, never had any O/Cing problems with it, I'd take the Phillips card back and pay the difference and get the Santa Cruz, you won't regret it. Ryan

<b><font color=purple>Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.</font color=purple></b>