Calrec q2 or Harrison Digital need help choosing one or th..

Last response: in Home Audio
July 15, 2005 5:52:46 PM

Im looking to buy eaither a Calrec Q2, or a Harrison TVD-SL. I know a lot
about the Q2, however, speaking to a Harrison rep. Im almost sold to his
console! The primary application is for remote sports broadcasting in HD.
Any suggestions, take it or leave it. Thanks
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 5:52:47 PM

<soundengineer@sound.com> wrote:
>Im looking to buy eaither a Calrec Q2, or a Harrison TVD-SL. I know a lot
>about the Q2, however, speaking to a Harrison rep. Im almost sold to his
>console! The primary application is for remote sports broadcasting in HD.
>Any suggestions, take it or leave it. Thanks

I don't think you'll go wrong with either one, although I am personally
partial to the Calrec.

See if you can spend an afternoon mixing on each one. The reps should
be willing to get you a little time on one of the things. If you can
bring a multitrack tape of some kind of event, it would help, but even
just sitting down with someone else's broadcast material and getting a
mix from it could help you get the feel of it. It just becomes a matter
of which one feels more natural more than anything else.
--scott