Useing Tomshardware forums to sell computer parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
First off the topic says it all

I think when people do this It show how unprofessional they are. Piggy backing on Other websites for there own gain. Here what it tells me. The company not very good or not making a lot of money to make there own ads. So they are cutting corners on there computers and ads and that could be bad for us.

I can understand buying Ads to sell on the forum Helps this sites So they can upgrade and Help more people.

Posting stuff like I sell the best laptop then bashing other company's for your gain is also Unprofessional.

Thing is The biggest baddest laptop or desktops not going to help people with low income. Or people who want to travel

The biggest laptop is not going to help when your moving around a lot. Let take my Pro Star 3.4 extreme edition about 15lb. It great for going to a friends house. Or moving around in the house. But for selling something to a company. Like me with engraving. I need something light and fast. That why I pick alainware. area 51 m5550. So I don't have to bring my guns or knifes to a gun shop. I sell to shops close to me like LA or Bakersfeild. Like this gun here
guntg1.png

So people stop posting ads on the forum and help people with questions. I don't see Amd or Intel logging on the forum and going we make the best computers Or Alainware, Dell, Pro-Star and 50 other laptop or desktop stores. Post buy My system it better then any other system. They do that on reviews like toms hardware or Cnet and Pc Mag. They let them do there advertising for them.

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thing is Alainware don't have to have people post on the forum. They buy ads from Pc Mag Cnet and Tomshardware to support there product. Then people buy them. I am not going say Buy Alainware Buy Alainware. I am just saying what systems I have and what experience which could be good or bad . I am not going to say which system best or not.

Not Like this post from Killernotebook.

Quote Kellernotebook
My Wakizachi system gets 2 good hours gaming and gets 3 hours if you allow the system to control the battery power by reducing the screen brightness and such.

Then he has a logo on the same page with the url.

So one h has wakizachi system with a url http://www.killernotebooks.com/entrance_page.aspx to his company url. Then he has a picture http://www.killernotebooks.com/images/logos/insignia_small.jpg

Can we say free advertising? I wonder what the forums mods think of this?

I can see if Killernotebook told the person what type of system he has. Computer spec Then if that person ask more about it. Post the url. But to bash another company to get a sale. It don't show your best side. Like here

The Alienware m9700 couldn't destroy the Executioner's freakin' empty beer can.

arretx

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2006
HELLOW???!!!! A fiftein pound Lapetop? What in the whirled would any buy one a fifte'n heavy book?

JasumX

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2006
I've never actually seen proof that a 15lb laptop exists... The executioner (which I am stoked about getting next week) is about 10. Personally, I don't mind the extra weight in the least bit since I'm a rather large fellow and the performance is well worth it. As to advertising... the only times I have seen KN suggest his product to a person here is when his product IS the best choice. I've also seen him help people configure Dells and other products to get the most out of them.

Now about paid ad space... I hate how the internet has become a world full of banner ads. Thankfully I don't consciously notice them anymore, but just the thought of how much bandwidth is taken up by companies using cleverly placed banners sickens me.

Most of Mark's promotions here are him defending his product from your attacks! While all of this arguing between you two is extremely hilarious (I laughed all the way through this argument :arrow: Right Here ) this post is ridiculous. Wouldn't an entire thread dedicated to bashing KN also be against the forum rules?

NOT SARCASTIC :arrow: Lastly, this is some friendly advice... In all seriousness, you need to use spell checker. I do it all the time. It is ok. Just copy and paste into MS Word (or whatever you use) go to tools and start the spell checker. Then paste it back into the box here and you're set.

PS: There were two spelling errors that spell checker corrected in this post before I hit the submit button. It works! :D

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
LMAO ~ That post should be entitled, "Don't kick my damn dog."
I think I broke a blood vessel in my head laughing.
Wouldn't an entire thread dedicated to bashing KN also be against the forum rules?
Amen brother, but that's why the forum God's shine down their countenance upon me... because I don't have to run to mommy all the time for band-aids after I get into it.

That post has inspired me to recommend a song:
Johnny Cash did a cover of Tom Petty, "I Won't Back Down"... since you are a card carrying member of the cult of Killer Notebooks, you deserve to hear it.

JasumX

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2006
Nice... I found it on youtube (to a video of police trucks getting hit with molotov coctails 8O .) Great song.

JasumX

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2006
I didn't think that thing actually weighed 15lb, but clevo's website confirms it as well. I stand corrected :)

eric54

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
Thing is Alainware don't have to have people post on the forum. They buy ads from Pc Mag Cnet and Tomshardware to support there product. Then people buy them. I am not going say Buy Alainware Buy Alainware. I am just saying what systems I have and what experience which could be good or bad . I am not going to say which system best or not.

Not Like this post from Killernotebook.

Quote Kellernotebook
My Wakizachi system gets 2 good hours gaming and gets 3 hours if you allow the system to control the battery power by reducing the screen brightness and such.

Then he has a logo on the same page with the url.

So one h has wakizachi system with a url http://www.killernotebooks.com/entrance_page.aspx to his company url. Then he has a picture http://www.killernotebooks.com/images/logos/insignia_small.jpg

Can we say free advertising? I wonder what the forums mods think of this?

I can see if Killernotebook told the person what type of system he has. Computer spec Then if that person ask more about it. Post the url. But to bash another company to get a sale. It don't show your best side. Like here

The Alienware m9700 couldn't destroy the Executioner's freakin' empty beer can.

The word forum connotes a free public area where anyone can post their thoughts, opinion, or otherwise. If you try to cencore someone for using the forum in a means that he or she wishes than you're violating the very foundation for what a forum is. There are many places like craiglist or ebay that people can post what they want to sell, but if they choose to use tomshardware I don't see what the problem is. Wouldnt you go to a source that can get you the best offering price to a like-minded individual such as tomshardware. Killernotebooks deserves to be able to "advertise" in the forums, he always offers a legitimate reason for posting, such as someone asking about what laptop to buy or whatnot. Take a look at what he posts, and get off your high horse and look at things objectively and for what they are. People have computer, people sell computers, people post about computers in tomsforums. It isnt a stretch to say that selling something you own in a forum is capricious. Given what other posts are made I'd say that the odd person trying to sell their extra gfx card hassle free is far and away better than some hack trying to moderate the forums with his cencoring shpeal and higher snob nosed ethereal values. The forums "sactity" will be regulated on its own, if you dont want to comment on the persons OP than don't, thats what a free world lets you do.

Dante_Jose_Cuervo

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Dude, spell Alienware right... and do realize... that Dell owns Alienware, so all you have now is a Dell compy with an alien on the front of it. Also... if a guy wants to sell stuff on here then great... also, it's not "there" it's "their" the two words have nothing to do with each other unless you're saying that their apathy about your thread is over there in the mud...

jimytheassassin

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
Atol, though I think it's rude to mock someone for poor grammer skills (like posting a link to "learning english"), assuming this is not your english is not your native language, you should atleast try the spell checker tool. Your argument "selling at THG" will fall on deaf ears here. This forum only stipulates people can not expressly say, BUY MY PRODUCT. Moderators are here to patrol this, and if it bothers you they don't stop what you consider a violation, then you should go to other forums instead. I think we all knew you were talking about KN. He hasnt' actually violated any rules.

I would agree with you that a seller in a forum can bring upon conflicts of interest when it comes to "recommendations" and views on other retailers. I would say a lot more.. but it will also probably fall on deaf ears. Give it a rest atol. Live and let live

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I use the forums to give me the pros and cons of types of computers. I did not come here for some moron trying to sell his crap. Like my system is the festest. That something a 12 year old would say.

What people want to know on the forums is speed vers battery life. More power = less battery life. smaller computer and slower cpus = longer battery life. How to tell which computer is the best for that user.

Not everyone going to buy super fast computers.

Here the thing the pro star laptop I have is use to run a plotter. Which the other 2 laptops can't do. The Acer is use for on the road 4 hour battery life low end games. The Alainware is use for games.

As for my spelling blame the teachers for that one for the lack of teaching. But where I lack in writing. I do on Glass blowing, engraving, metal, stone ,wood, glass and build computers and engrave on computer cases.

Like my handwriting looks like a doctors handwriting very bad. Yet I can write in calligerphy or old english useing a 400,000rpm dremal or miroblaster. It all freehand.

Oh a little history. Jimi Hindrix could not read or write but he can play muisc. To bad he died. It show writing is not everything. It shows how one man change history of Muisc as well as many blues singers.

So keep trying.

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Oh a little history. Jimi Hindrix could not read or write but he can play muisc. To bad he died. It show writing is not everything. It shows how one man change history of Muisc as well as many blues singers.

Sammeek actually is comparing HIMSELF to Jimmy Hendrix. I think I see the similarities. It is Hendrix BTW... not Hindrix.

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Wow, let it go man. It was like a month ago.

You still dont get it. This is a forum that people talk about Computers.
To get help with problems on there computers. What we should be doing is helping them. Not a quick fix oh you can buy my pc and your trouble are over.

Not bash other companys to sell your computers. Which is what you doing to sell your products. Which is not cool. You really sound like the Apple/PC ads on tv.

What I would do is show cold hard facts on what systems are good even if they are better compared to your system. Useing pcworld, cnet, tomshardware and notebookreview that tested the systems. Let them touch your system test it and review it.

jimytheassassin

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
Healthy discussions are a good thing atol. I think the idea that a forum should not be ad upon ad is dead on.. The mods curb this activity as per the rules. There really isn't much of an issue here IMO.

Now if you don't like the rules that established the forums, then we can talk about this until the cows come home because it's THG's prerogative, not ours.

I'm sorry if there seems to be a language barrier, maybe I'm misunderstanding you? But KN helps many people, offers his Opinions, and doesn't do what you're suggesting for the most part. Sure an occasional banner, and "hey, check this out,..maybe you'll like what I have", but it's all during discussion that's relevant for the most part, so chill..

and to quote Kansas "carry on my wayward son..there'll be peace when you are done. Lay your weary head to rest...Don't you cry no more...NO"

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ya people really like the 1-800 numbers.

Here my trick for them. Hello Morg Mortuary you stab them we slab them How can we bury them. CLICK and the buzz of the hang up call. Telemarketing shuts up and hangs really quick.

You know I dont mind if companys come on and help out. That what make a company look good. It when they go Now offering centerno duo for a great low cost of $$$$. Fastest computer online. That when they take it to far.

I seen companys go we have the fastest laptop desktop computer then that name brand. Then when you tear them down it the same motherboard, cpu, gpu and the only thing on the computer that differnt is the name brand.

Let me point this out Look at some of the fujitsu siemens Then look at aleinware. Same motherboard same cpu same case. The only differnt is the name on the case. Look up uniwill oem.

Yes cool huh alainware and fujitsu have the same setup.

wartibet

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
I found that connector you were looking for
Cindy, is this the thing you were looking for?
www.liangdianup.com/computeraccessories_1.htm

It's on the list of computer accessories and parts. They have the DVI video thing to convert that jap monitor to work with your other computer. Just about any other kind of wire adaptor, usb connectors, monitor extension wires, ps2 extention wires, and all kinds of female and male swap connectors and things that I think would help your shop. If that above link don't work then goto www.lducompany.com and click on computer accessories. Let me know if that is what you need and give me your email address again.

spssps15

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2011
Hi Wartibet, well said from you. I think you need a brief description about computer hardware and its processors . So that matter you can get from the following link...............

Status
Not open for further replies.