Kernel data inpage error

firehawk_1

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
my system has been running absolutely fine for the past year without issues until about 3 weeks ago. For the first time, I got a stop error about kernel data inpage error. it however could not save the dump for some reason.

my system is configured as SSD is the main boot drive for Windows and everything else (program files etc...) is redirected to the E: drive which is my RAID0.

I then had the same problem about 2 weeks ago. And now I have just seen it happen properly:

Kernel data inpage error
0x0000007A

NTFS.sys

is what are the key information I can see.

what does this mean? how can I identify what is exactly the problem?

this is such a critical system, i cannot emphasis enough :(

skrillaxe

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

Hi Firehawk_1

the Blue screen you received with stop Code 0X07A indicates that you've got a Hardware failure.
please make backup as soon as possible.
When you are done with the backup of the system run diagnostic test.

the best tool to test you're system with is Hirens Boot CD.
this CD contains all kind of Test tools.
I advise to Run a diagnostic test on your hard drive due the problem is probaly located in the HDD.

can you let me know if the problem is sovled?

;)

firehawk_1

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
thanks I appreciate that.

how on earth does one diagnose the failure? I mean running tests will not guarentee the hardware failure or where it is coming from right?

I am also reading some users which are reporting similar problems based on the SSD (ocz technology) and model (agility 3) and firmware. I am running an older firmware and people are saying maybe to upgrade and it should be fine however running it on the same firmware for the past year makes no sense on why the problems are starting now.

I will take your advice but again, how to indicate or find where the problem is? This problem may not happen for another... who knows how long?

what specific tests should I run from that CD?

skrillaxe

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
well what you can try is indeed the firmeware update of the OCZ SSD drive.
the hirens CD contains multiply Hard drive test.
the test what i advice is seatools.
this tool test all kind of HDD's on bad sectors and other surfice.
hoop that i gave enough information