== SEAGATE vs MAXTOR vs IBM ==

Death

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2003
putting a new system together here & i was looking to get me one of those 7,200 RPM 120 giggers - so which drive should i go for folks?? seagate barracuda V seems to be a bit slower than top of the line models from either maxtor or ibm?? and speaking of ibm, they have been having tons of problems w/the 60gxp
series hd's, do those realibilility issues still plague their newer units at all??
also do these new 7200 RPM 120 giggers get real hot at full load, would i have to get some sort of extra hdd cooling??

and whats the deal w/1 year warranty being offered on all these new models?? always used to be 3 yrs before??

thanks

dhlucke

Polypheme
They tried to cut costs by cutting the warranty on most if not all of their drives.

Get the Western Digital 120GB 1200JB drive. It is fast, affordable, and has the 3 year warranty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<font color=red><b>STEP AWAY FROM THE CHEESE!

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
""== SEAGATE vs MAXTOR vs WESTERN DIGITAL ==,
it could been better""

I use nothing but IBM drives, and it can not be better (and faster;)

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

dhlucke

Polypheme
IBM drives are the worst in the business. They are the plague. storagereview will confirm this.