Not open for further replies.

David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:

> "John L Rice" <Drummer@ImJohn.com> wrote in message
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5789677319
>>
>> --
>> John L Rice
>> Drummer@ImJohn.com
>

> I can't seem to turn anything up via Google that applies to this device.

It appears to be derived from the DBX Mini-pre

http://www.dbxpro.com/minipre.htm

--
JP Morris - aka DOUG the Eagle (Dragon) -=UDIC=- jpm@it-he.org
Fun things to do with the Ultima games http://www.it-he.org

I like the sparkly paint job. Looks like bling bling.........or maybe a
fishin' lure.
..

J. P. Morris wrote:
> David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:
>

> > "John L Rice" <Drummer@ImJohn.com> wrote in message
> >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5789677319
> >>
> >> --
> >> John L Rice
> >> Drummer@ImJohn.com
> >

> > I can't seem to turn anything up via Google that applies to this device.
>
> It appears to be derived from the DBX Mini-pre
>
> http://www.dbxpro.com/minipre.htm

Also looks a lot like the ART Tube MP. I tried one of these a few years
back out of curiosity, and didn't think much of it. Mushy, noisy, and
with a really strange non-linear gain response.

http://resonoise.com/prod/Recording/ART127

Karl Winkler
Lectrosonics, Inc.
http://www.lectrosonics.com

Hmmm. I'm seeing a Nady Chinese unit called a TMP-1, but it's a
rack....

Aha! Here we go. I'm getting electronics consolidators blowing out
the DBX Mini-Pre as a discontinued item. And these pix sure confirm
that thing looks like one in with a different cover. Someone probably
bought 25, threw the cover on and figures they'll net $10 apiece.

Karl Winkler <karlwinkler66@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Also looks a lot like the ART Tube MP. I tried one of these a few years
>back out of curiosity, and didn't think much of it. Mushy, noisy, and
>with a really strange non-linear gain response.

I think that the Tube MP was the first of the starved plate effects
pedal preamps, and the rest of the ones on the market seem to be
basically copies of their original design to various degrees.
--scott

Status
Not open for further replies.