Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Ibm thinkpad r40 audio driver for windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
July 18, 2012 9:54:09 AM

plz send the sound driver for windows 7................
a b \ Driver
a c 288 $ Windows 7
July 18, 2012 2:04:14 PM

The last supported OS for that computer is Windows XP. You can try to install those drivers manually, extract the setup files for the driver, point the driver wizard to that location. Probably won't work though.
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
July 18, 2012 6:45:52 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
install ThinkVantage System Update

if any drivers are available it will find them for you

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID...



Hi :) 

I seriously doubt that will work as his thinkpad was made by IBM not Lenovo...and its extremely ancient to say the least :) 

All the best Brett :) 
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
July 18, 2012 7:57:28 PM

ibm is now in alliance with lenovo

so support for ibm thinkpad series can be found on lenovo website

quoted from lenovo website

"ThinkVantage System Update is supported on the following systems:

Lenovo 3000 C100, C200, N100, N200, V100, V200 notebook computers
Lenovo 3000 J100, J105, J110, J115, J200, J200p, J205, S200, S200p, S205 desktop computers
All ThinkPad computers
All ThinkCentre desktop computers
All ThinkStation desktop computers
Lenovo V/B/K/E Series"

clearly says all thinkpad computers


it should find all the drivers for windows 7 with the possible exception of the video driver

if you have a better suggestion for the OP please give them one rather than criticise my suggestion



a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
July 18, 2012 8:06:30 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
ibm is now in alliance with lenovo

so support for ibm thinkpad series can be found on lenovo website

quoted from lenovo website

"ThinkVantage System Update is supported on the following systems:

Lenovo 3000 C100, C200, N100, N200, V100, V200 notebook computers
Lenovo 3000 J100, J105, J110, J115, J200, J200p, J205, S200, S200p, S205 desktop computers
All ThinkPad computers
All ThinkCentre desktop computers
All ThinkStation desktop computers
Lenovo V/B/K/E Series"

clearly says all thinkpad computers


it should find all the drivers for windows 7 with the possible exception of the video driver


if you have a better suggestion for the OP please give them one rather than criticise my suggestion


Hi :) 

Umm sorry to be blunt but you dont know much about Thinkpads... we recondition them (T series) for various companies who still use them, mainly in the aircraft maintenance field....

The R SERIES was PRE T series, and as there are no T series drivers for 7 , I seriously doubt that 4 generations before (R series) there will be....


All the best Brett :) 

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
July 19, 2012 6:26:13 AM

notice you said we recondition them ,not i recondition them

obviously your employees know more about it than you do

got a pile of t40,t42 and t43 here and repair them and sell them on ebay so actually do know something about them

and have tried loading windows 7 on them just out of interest and they work fine with the exception of needing a

modified video driver

i notice a lot of your posts tend to be disparaging rather than helpfull

though the idea of this forum was to help people

so why not let the OP try and see if it works and then they can say if it helped or not
December 4, 2012 4:04:52 PM

hi mcnumpty23,
where can i get the modified video driver?
I have a Thinkpad r40 Typ 2723 eg8, with Windows 7 32-bit.
All drivers from lenovo, doesn´t work on my thinkpad :(  When i start playing a video, i got a bluescreen and restart my laptop.
Maybe you can help me :hello: 

kr, Hermann
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 4, 2012 4:34:57 PM

sportocti said:
hi mcnumpty23,
where can i get the modified video driver?
I have a Thinkpad r40 Typ 2723 eg8, with Windows 7 32-bit.
All drivers from lenovo, doesn´t work on my thinkpad :(  When i start playing a video, i got a bluescreen and restart my laptop.
Maybe you can help me :hello: 

kr, Hermann



cant find it at the moment as cant remember what i called it and got 400gbs of stuff on my external drive--try this one--though remove the current drivers before installing

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/ATI/DNA...
December 5, 2012 12:20:11 PM

Hello, thanks this one (DNA-ATi 4.5.6.1) works!
I had to download from another page, because ftp4.extreme-players.de is not found!?

Thanks a lot, you help´d me really!!
kr, Hermann

January 22, 2013 4:24:14 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
notice you said we recondition them ,not i recondition them

obviously your employees know more about it than you do

got a pile of t40,t42 and t43 here and repair them and sell them on ebay so actually do know something about them

and have tried loading windows 7 on them just out of interest and they work fine with the exception of needing a

modified video driver

i notice a lot of your posts tend to be disparaging rather than helpfull

though the idea of this forum was to help people

so why not let the OP try and see if it works and then they can say if it helped or not

:hello:  plz helpme i have a ibm thinkpad id no-1861aq .i lost audio drive so dont play sound plz help me
January 22, 2013 4:37:33 PM

plz send me manuayl seting audio drive for my thinkpad is id no-1861aq plz
!