Base station log Authentication failure

ISP : Sympatico
Base Station : MN-700
O/s : XP

Tried to configure the base station provided the correct
user name and password getting broadband connection
showing disconnected checked base station log "PPPoE
state authenticate error = none, PPPoE state = auth
notify, error = authenticate failure"
Verified the username and password it's correct and when
i tried to connect through dsl modem working fine and
even i tried to create a new connection put the username
and password which i have in the base station it's
working fine without any problem however when i tried it
through base station getting "Authentication Failure"

Is there any idea what's going on and help me to resolve
this issue

Thank you
4 answers Last reply
More about base station authentication failure

    i have verified the username and password with my isp
    everything seems to be fine

    You are using the wrong PPPoE settings for your ISP. Contact Microsoft
    & tell them you need them to use 810954. When I was working for
    Microsoft that article give instructions on how to deal with this
    situation. I did a quick check & that article is not currently
    available to the general public.

    Chris wrote:

    > ISP : Sympatico
    > Base Station : MN-700
    > O/s : XP
    >
    > Tried to configure the base station provided the correct
    > user name and password getting broadband connection
    > showing disconnected checked base station log "PPPoE
    > state authenticate error = none, PPPoE state = auth
    > notify, error = authenticate failure"
    > Verified the username and password it's correct and when
    > i tried to connect through dsl modem working fine and
    > even i tried to create a new connection put the username
    > and password which i have in the base station it's
    > working fine without any problem however when i tried it
    > through base station getting "Authentication Failure"
    >
    > Is there any idea what's going on and help me to resolve
    > this issue
    >
    > Thank you

    With Sympatico & several other PPPoE connections you need to include the
    domain.

    So the user name field would be like "username@Sympatico.ca" (without
    the quotes).

    Like I said earlier call Microsoft & tell them you need to be run
    through article # 810954.

    That should give them enough information so that they can help you with
    this issue.

    > i have verified the username and password with my isp
    > everything seems to be fine

    Sympatico would require to be put
    User name : a user name id #
    service name: not reqd (sometimes 'symatico') chk with
    ISP.

    Manually enter BSMT thru 192.168.2.1 from your IE and put
    these settings under wide area network and u'l b online.

Routers Connection Internet Service Providers Networking