Base station log Authentication failure

Last response: in Networking
Share
June 8, 2004 3:38:48 PM

ISP : Sympatico
Base Station : MN-700
O/s : XP

Tried to configure the base station provided the correct
user name and password getting broadband connection
showing disconnected checked base station log "PPPoE
state authenticate error = none, PPPoE state = auth
notify, error = authenticate failure"
Verified the username and password it's correct and when
i tried to connect through dsl modem working fine and
even i tried to create a new connection put the username
and password which i have in the base station it's
working fine without any problem however when i tried it
through base station getting "Authentication Failure"

Is there any idea what's going on and help me to resolve
this issue

Thank you
Anonymous
June 8, 2004 5:22:33 PM

i have verified the username and password with my isp
everything seems to be fine

June 8, 2004 6:03:37 PM

You are using the wrong PPPoE settings for your ISP. Contact Microsoft
& tell them you need them to use 810954. When I was working for
Microsoft that article give instructions on how to deal with this
situation. I did a quick check & that article is not currently
available to the general public.

Chris wrote:

> ISP : Sympatico
> Base Station : MN-700
> O/s : XP
>
> Tried to configure the base station provided the correct
> user name and password getting broadband connection
> showing disconnected checked base station log "PPPoE
> state authenticate error = none, PPPoE state = auth
> notify, error = authenticate failure"
> Verified the username and password it's correct and when
> i tried to connect through dsl modem working fine and
> even i tried to create a new connection put the username
> and password which i have in the base station it's
> working fine without any problem however when i tried it
> through base station getting "Authentication Failure"
>
> Is there any idea what's going on and help me to resolve
> this issue
>
> Thank you

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 8, 2004 10:46:54 PM

With Sympatico & several other PPPoE connections you need to include the
domain.

So the user name field would be like "username@Sympatico.ca" (without
the quotes).

Like I said earlier call Microsoft & tell them you need to be run
through article # 810954.

That should give them enough information so that they can help you with
this issue.

> i have verified the username and password with my isp
> everything seems to be fine

June 9, 2004 7:33:22 AM

Sympatico would require to be put
User name : a user name id #
service name: not reqd (sometimes 'symatico') chk with
ISP.

Manually enter BSMT thru 192.168.2.1 from your IE and put
these settings under wide area network and u'l b online.

!