help an ignorant guitar player !!!!

Last response: in Home Audio
July 18, 2005 4:00:59 AM

my set up, right from the box(es).

shure sm 57's &58's to
(2) nady pra-8's to
(2) m-audio delta 10-10lt's
into a computer dedicated to recording (spec'd to m-audio's req'd) running
sonar 4.0.2 producer.

my problem;
recording and moniter is working flawless,
no playback, any where.
my book is sonar 4 ignite! by brian smithers.

bought this on the word of al jolson at mtlc music, he's gone from there
and noone else seems to have a clue. what do i do?
i just wanna lay tracks and burn cd's for my band.
five tons of flax, rainbows over yer blues.
mcgtr@yahoo.com

More about : ignorant guitar player

Anonymous
July 18, 2005 6:44:57 PM

Have you checked your output drivers in Options/Audio within Sonar?
Have you set the outputs of you audio tracks to be your soundcard outputs
within Sonar?

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 00:00:59 -0400, <mcgtr@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> my set up, right from the box(es).
>
> shure sm 57's &58's to
> (2) nady pra-8's to
> (2) m-audio delta 10-10lt's
> into a computer dedicated to recording (spec'd to m-audio's req'd)
> running
> sonar 4.0.2 producer.
>
> my problem;
> recording and moniter is working flawless,
> no playback, any where.
> my book is sonar 4 ignite! by brian smithers.
>
> bought this on the word of al jolson at mtlc music, he's gone from there
> and noone else seems to have a clue. what do i do?
> i just wanna lay tracks and burn cd's for my band.
> five tons of flax, rainbows over yer blues.
> mcgtr@yahoo.com

July 18, 2005 6:44:58 PM

i ve tried everything in the book & and even re-installed eveything (twice!)
anything else?

thanks
July 18, 2005 9:11:22 PM

<mcgtr@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> my set up, right from the box(es).
>
> shure sm 57's &58's to
> (2) nady pra-8's to
> (2) m-audio delta 10-10lt's
> into a computer dedicated to recording (spec'd to m-audio's req'd) running
> sonar 4.0.2 producer.
>
> my problem;
> recording and moniter is working flawless,
> no playback, any where.
> my book is sonar 4 ignite! by brian smithers.
>
> bought this on the word of al jolson at mtlc music, he's gone from there
> and noone else seems to have a clue. what do i do?
> i just wanna lay tracks and burn cd's for my band.
> five tons of flax, rainbows over yer blues.
> mcgtr@yahoo.com

What are your outputs set to in Sonar? You need to describe your whole
playback chain from the Delta to your speakers.
!