• Drivers
  • BIOS
  • Notebooks
  • Toshiba
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
July 18, 2012 1:34:51 PM

Hello,
I updated my TOSHIBA laptop (Satellite L300) imaging/ camera driver to Chicony cam driver but I notice that it also updated my system's firmware. Now my webcam stops working and I can neither restore/ roll back to previous driver nor update my system BIOS. Help... please.

More about : troubleshooting toshiba notebook bios update

a b \ Driver
a c 372 $ Windows 7
July 18, 2012 4:17:41 PM

A web cam driver would not touch your BIOS unless you downloaded several drivers and ran them all, which included the BIOS update. Try uninstalling and re-installing the web cam drivers. Although you post title is about the BIOS. If you already updated it, it won't let you downgrade or run the update again.
m
l
July 25, 2012 7:12:07 AM

Thank you.
I now understand the BIOS issue.
I had already uninstalled and reinstalled the webcam drivers several times, still it doesn't work. I know certainly that the Chicony's camera update has overwritten my previous camera utililty firmware, which now causes the incompatibility issues and flags "web cam application failed to open" whenever I try running the application... (I wish I could upload the Chicony's cam update pdf manual for you to see).
Toshiba doesn't offer seperate drivers for webcam, it's bundled with the cam application. They do not publish firmware for webcam either.
I think if I can lay hands on a compatible driver, it will be okay. Or any other solution, please...?
m
l
!