Windows 7 - 64 Bit Driver Needed For Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Model SB0

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcbkk

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
I am having trouble finding a working driver for Windows 7 - 64 Bit for a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Audo Card Model# SB0100

I downloaded driver file SBL_PC64DRVBETA_LB_2_03_0005.exe which I think is a 64 Bit Sound Blaster Live! update, but Windows 7 does not allow it to be installed because it is not a digitally signed driver. It also seems Creative is no longer supporting these old cards with new driver updates.

I love the card though. I have bought more recent sound cards and the sound of this card is still much better than the more recent sound cards I have bought. So I would like to keep using it if possible.

Are there any driver solutions?

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
No creative cut support for that card, it is over 9 years old. Any semi recent MB with integrated sound should outperform it by a large margin. Or if you prefer a separate card for your audio any of the Xonar cards will make that sound blaster sound like a blown speaker on a shorted amp.

Not in 64 bit, you can't. And as pointed out above - That is a 9 year old card that Creative stopped supporting a long time ago. Use the onboard sound, or buy a new card.

marcbkk

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
Thanks all. Today I ended up buying a new one for around $22 from Creative. It is basically the same card, but 10 years newer. It is not a lot of money to replace a sound card, but still a shame to have to spend the money when the old card still worked just fine. That is how it goes sometimes I guess when the hardware manufacturers want to force you to buy new hardware even though the old hardware still works fine by not supporting it anymore. Anyway, my MB is an ASUS P5K model and about 2 years old. The OB sound card is real crap though. You would think it would be better, but it is not usable really, otherwise I would have went with that rather than buying a new one. Thanks again everyone for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.