siranthony

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2001
No I'm not trying to figure out if that person is a guy or girl.

I have a P4P800 deluxe. I've been doing some overclocking. I decided to try to get PAT working. I couldn't get the system to post with PAT. Even at stock settings. Is it a memory compatibility (1 gig Muskin blue). Or are these MB manufacturers enabling PAT on defective chips?

siranthony

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2001
Well,
No sooner than I asked the question. I got PAT to work. I set all memory and CPU settings to auto and enabled PAT. I finally saw it enabled in CPUZ. Why does it disable itself the miniute you change anything from auto settings. My memory scores dropped dramatically with PAT enabled. It must be because My CPU was no longer overclocked.

G

First of all you need an updated bios I think the latest one is 1009. Make sure of that because PAT is working great on my P4P800 no matter what are my copu settings

siranthony

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2001
Wow,
I do have the latest bios. It must be a memory issue then. Or you got lucky and have a better part than I do. What kind of memory are you using?. Another thing I noticed about pat on my system. If I enable PAT and Turbo at the same time my comp fails to post at all. Turbo runs fine alone. PAT only runs with auto dection and no Turbo.

G

Im using Geil GOlden Dragon Memory. I also notice that the computer wont boot if I put turbo on. Never tought it was cause I had PAT enabled...Ill give it a look