Sign in with
Your question

best C3 system?

Last response: in Components
August 5, 2003 6:00:58 PM

I'm looking for a new C3 system to act as a 'smart X-term', I need at least 800MHz & to be almost silent. I'm basicaly looking for a C3 variant of the <A HREF="http://www.iwill.net/products/ProductDetail.asp?vID=189..." target="_new">iWill ZPC</A> without the noise, shuttle clones need not apply. So far I've got the Gigabyte TA1, <A HREF="http://www.tranquilpc.co.uk/" target="_new">Tranquil PC</A> & <A HREF="http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/product.php?view=1091" target="_new">Chyang Fun S668</A> with a mini-ITX mobo the latter two being really a bit too big & expencive.

Row like mortals, think like gods.

More about : system

August 6, 2003 6:05:38 AM

Are you serious with a C3 system?
August 6, 2003 6:47:02 PM

Okay call me mad but I like my Laptop to be lightweight & truly portable, that's why I've got a Lattitude X200, I like my workstations to be powerful, that's why I've got a Dual AMD MP2800+ with a sys spec to die for, & I like my terminal to be light & power effeicent, which is why I'm looking at a VIA C3 system.

Yeah the C3 ain't no 3GHz P4/XP 3200+ and it's never going to step into the arena and go head to head with the 'best' that AMD & Intel have to offer but then again do you really need that power to say email, surf the net or play a DVD?.. Well no, the VIA C3 has the performence to deal with those demands and also is a lot lighter on the power draw. Am I serious, too damn right I am!

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 6, 2003 9:28:24 PM

pIII 700...put a large heatsink on that...take off the fan it will be quite and outperform the C3 by quite a bit...

If i put my k6 in a Ferrari it would be faster than your your pentium 4 or Athlon XP :tongue: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Piii_MAN on 08/06/03 05:28 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
August 7, 2003 4:48:39 PM

okay now run the entire system off a 30w PSU please...

August 7, 2003 8:27:15 PM

you never said anything about a 30 watt psu...a good quality 90-120 watter and it could get the job done for a celeron...which would still have better performance...

If i put my k6 in a Ferrari it would be faster than your your pentium 4 or Athlon XP :tongue:
August 8, 2003 3:07:55 PM

But will probably be more expensive then an ITX system.

I love my Delta 60HP 7000 RPM fan that puts out more dB then CFM :eek: 
August 8, 2003 9:17:43 PM

Now havin' gone over the genral of why use a VIA C3 CPU can we get to the point and have sugestions of any really nice looking C3 based SFF barebones units (I don't like Shuttle clones btw).

August 21, 2003 3:03:18 AM

I would build one personally, then again, unless you get one of those new eden's that would involve making your own heatsink in order to avoid fans. Have you checked www.mini-itx.com? they have alot of examples and such.
!