tigerwoods pga tour 2005

can any one help ? , when trying to play above game online , it says i need
to update the game patch before i can continue , when i click on the install
patch nothing happens , it also says that windows 2000/xp users may need to
use microsoft help if it does not install can anyone help me plz , whats the
point of paying out money for a game when you cannot enjoy it to the fall
hope someones got an answer cheers all!!
--
andy :-0
2 answers Last reply

    Andy,

    Looking at EA's support website
    (http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?), I
    found the following information about patching EASO games:

    "I am having trouble applying the EASO Patch.

    Question
    I am having trouble applying the EASO Patch.

    Answer
    This is a patch to the EASO software, not to the game itself. If you are
    having trouble applying this patch, make sure you have no firewalls enabled.
    If you are using a router, make sure you have the FTP port open.

    The EASO Patch is located at the following locations:

    For FIFA 2005 ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/misc/patch/fifa2005/
    For Madden 2005 ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/misc/patch/madden2005/
    For NBA Live 2005 ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/misc/patch/nba2005/
    For NHL 2005 ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/misc/patch/nhl2005
    For Tiger Woods 2005 ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/misc/patch/tiger2005/

    After opening this folder press CTRL-A to highlight all the files.

    Press CTRL-C to copy all the files:

    For FIFA 2005
    Open C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\FIFA 2005\data\EASO\

    For Madden 2005 and Tiger Woods 2005
    Open C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\<nameofgame>\EASO\

    For NHL 2005
    Open C:\Program Files\EA Sports\NHL 2005\fe\nhl\EASO

    Press CTRL-V to paste all the files.

    Press "Yes to All" when prompted to overwrite existing data

    As a last resort you can try the following:

    Open:
    C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\<nameofgame>\data\EASO\<nameofgame>\main

    Open the file 'ver' and change:
    version=8
    version=1"

    Hope this helps.
    --
    Thanks,
    Nick Kritselis [MS]

    "andy" <andyvtrcarp@btinternet.com.ugly> wrote in message
    > can any one help ? , when trying to play above game online , it says i
    > need
    > to update the game patch before i can continue , when i click on the
    > install
    > patch nothing happens , it also says that windows 2000/xp users may need
    > use microsoft help if it does not install can anyone help me plz , whats
    > the
    > point of paying out money for a game when you cannot enjoy it to the fall
    > hope someones got an answer cheers all!!
    > --
    > andy :-0

    thx nick ill give one of those a try

    "Nick Kritselis [MS]" wrote:

    > Andy,
    >
    > Looking at EA's support website
    > (http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?), I
    > found the following information about patching EASO games:
    >
    > "I am having trouble applying the EASO Patch.
    >
    > Question
    > I am having trouble applying the EASO Patch.
    >
    > Answer
    > This is a patch to the EASO software, not to the game itself. If you are
    > having trouble applying this patch, make sure you have no firewalls enabled.
    > If you are using a router, make sure you have the FTP port open.
    >
    > The EASO Patch is located at the following locations:
    >
    > For FIFA 2005 ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/misc/patch/fifa2005/
    > For Madden 2005 ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/misc/patch/madden2005/
    > For NBA Live 2005 ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/misc/patch/nba2005/
    > For NHL 2005 ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/misc/patch/nhl2005
    > For Tiger Woods 2005 ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/misc/patch/tiger2005/
    >
    > After opening this folder press CTRL-A to highlight all the files.
    >
    > Press CTRL-C to copy all the files:
    >
    > For FIFA 2005
    > Open C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\FIFA 2005\data\EASO\
    >
    > For Madden 2005 and Tiger Woods 2005
    > Open C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\<nameofgame>\EASO\
    >
    > For NHL 2005
    > Open C:\Program Files\EA Sports\NHL 2005\fe\nhl\EASO
    >
    > Press CTRL-V to paste all the files.
    >
    > Press "Yes to All" when prompted to overwrite existing data
    >
    > As a last resort you can try the following:
    >
    > Open:
    > C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\<nameofgame>\data\EASO\<nameofgame>\main
    >
    > Open the file 'ver' and change:
    > version=8
    > version=1"
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    > --
    > Thanks,
    > Nick Kritselis [MS]
    >

    > "andy" <andyvtrcarp@btinternet.com.ugly> wrote in message
    > > can any one help ? , when trying to play above game online , it says i
    > > need
    > > to update the game patch before i can continue , when i click on the
    > > install
    > > patch nothing happens , it also says that windows 2000/xp users may need
    > > use microsoft help if it does not install can anyone help me plz , whats
    > > the
    > > point of paying out money for a game when you cannot enjoy it to the fall
    > > hope someones got an answer cheers all!!
    > > --
    > > andy :-0

Games Microsoft Video Games