  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
October 15, 2004 2:45:03 PM

can any one help ? , when trying to play above game online , it says i need
to update the game patch before i can continue , when i click on the install
patch nothing happens , it also says that windows 2000/xp users may need to
use microsoft help if it does not install can anyone help me plz , whats the
point of paying out money for a game when you cannot enjoy it to the fall
hope someones got an answer cheers all!!
--
andy :-0

More about : tigerwoods pga tour 2005

Anonymous
October 19, 2004 11:42:05 AM

Andy,

Looking at EA's support website
(http://eatech.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eatech.cfg/php/endus...), I
found the following information about patching EASO games:

"I am having trouble applying the EASO Patch.

Question
I am having trouble applying the EASO Patch.

Answer
This is a patch to the EASO software, not to the game itself. If you are
having trouble applying this patch, make sure you have no firewalls enabled.
If you are using a router, make sure you have the FTP port open.

The EASO Patch is located at the following locations:

For FIFA 2005 ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/misc/patch/fifa2005/
For Madden 2005 ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/misc/patch/madden2005/
For NBA Live 2005 ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/misc/patch/nba2005/
For NHL 2005 ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/misc/patch/nhl2005
For Tiger Woods 2005 ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/easports/misc/patch/tiger2005/

After opening this folder press CTRL-A to highlight all the files.

Press CTRL-C to copy all the files:

For FIFA 2005
Open C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\FIFA 2005\data\EASO\

For Madden 2005 and Tiger Woods 2005
Open C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\<nameofgame>\EASO\

For NHL 2005
Open C:\Program Files\EA Sports\NHL 2005\fe\nhl\EASO

Press CTRL-V to paste all the files.

Press "Yes to All" when prompted to overwrite existing data

As a last resort you can try the following:

Open:
C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\<nameofgame>\data\EASO\<nameofgame>\main

Open the file 'ver' and change:
version=8
version=1"

Hope this helps.
--
Thanks,
Nick Kritselis [MS]

"andy" <andyvtrcarp@btinternet.com.ugly> wrote in message
> can any one help ? , when trying to play above game online , it says i
> need
> to update the game patch before i can continue , when i click on the
> install
> patch nothing happens , it also says that windows 2000/xp users may need
> use microsoft help if it does not install can anyone help me plz , whats
> the
> point of paying out money for a game when you cannot enjoy it to the fall
> hope someones got an answer cheers all!!
> --
> andy :-0
October 19, 2004 1:05:06 PM

thx nick ill give one of those a try