Running at startup.

How can I get windows live family safety to run at start-up for one user, but not the other (namely my account). I have a guest account that I want windows live family safety to run on, I just don't want the program to load when I log into my admin account.

Is there a way to do this? I've got to the admin tools>system config and tried disabling the start-up, then copying a short-cut of the family safety.exe to the guest account's startup folder, but the admin tools applet seems to be overriding the startup folder. Is there another way around this?

BTW, I am using WINDOWS 7 Professional.
3 answers Last reply
More about running startup
  1. you just tell family safety which account to run on, from the windows live website once its been installed.
  2. Unfortunately none of these suggestions worked. I set the start-up to manual through services, but it still automatically started on both accounts because the administrative tools > system config still has it set to start-up. The only option through there is enable/disable, and disable stops it from starting entirely on start-up.

Also, the family safety account thing, it only lets me pick who I want to monitor, it does not let me which account it which actually start on though. The service itself starts on all accounts, however it is not monitoring my account. I just don't want the program to take up RAM automatically.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Live Configuration Windows 7