Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Is this pocket PC the best buy?

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones

If you had $350 to spend on a Pocket PC, would you buy this one?

Total: 4 votes (1 blank vote)

• Yes
  • 34 %
  • No. I would save up for something better
  • 0 %
  • No. I know of something better at a similar or lower price
  • 34 %
  • No. This pocket PC is not worth what it costs
  • 34 %
December 28, 2006 1:43:16 PM

Greetings.

A pocket pc purchasing decision has pushed me to post here for the first time. These forums have been very helpful to me--I thank the community at large for your expertise and knowledge :o 

I have $350 max to spend on a Pocket PC that I'll be using for school. I desire Word, Excel, wi-fi, good OS, decent battery life, GPS, and a reliable brand. I think I may have found it in the Pharos PTL 525E, coming in at $350 plus $50 rebate. However, I know nothing about Pocket PC brands, nor do I know Pocket PCs themselves that well either. I've always been a desktop man in the past, and this is my first venture into the mobile market.

Newegg link

I have searched high and low for in-depth reviews on this model, and came up dry. I did find a few good reviews on its software-bloated brother, the 525. I understand the screen isn't that big. I can live with that for now.

What is your opinion?

More about : pocket buy

January 10, 2007 12:04:25 AM

I'm not sure how that stacks up, but I know own the HTC 6700- which has a full QWERTY keyboard, wifi, evdo, bluetooth, infared, an sd slot, and 256 internal memory running windows mobile 5.0, and its a phone. I canceled the phone service and use it traveling to download maps with the google earth program i downloaded for it,
February 25, 2008 4:52:38 PM

The ppc 6800 is out and is a much better upgrade over the old 6700s.
Related resources
April 30, 2008 1:07:32 PM

i have the HTC tytn II (AKA, Kiaser, Slide, MDA vario II) i love this, it expensive, but if you get it as a part of a mobile contract then actaully its a good investment.
April 30, 2008 5:53:11 PM

Guys this is an old thread, your options were not available when the OP asked, only the 6700 was available back then.
!