Two Digi002, one MOTU 828MKII, Logic Pro, Tiger

Last response: in Home Audio
July 22, 2005 9:50:47 PM

How do I connect all these together to record 24 tracks concurrently?
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 2:03:34 PM

In article <1122079847.635877.134660@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com> bayareamusician@hotmail.com writes:

> How do I connect all these together to record 24 tracks concurrently?

Why? Why not just get what you need and save yourself a lot of
headaches?

July 24, 2005 5:41:46 PM

yeah friend you're better off with 3 828's than all that stuff. the
digi002 doesn't chain like that. you can only use one 002 per computer.
the Motu stuff will work like tho. if you're bent on using protools
look at the m-audio gear which i think will allow for expansion via
more interfaces and there is also a version of protools for m-audio
hardware. good luck.

cheers

garrett
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 5:52:41 PM

bayareamusician@hotmail.com wrote:

> How do I connect all these together to record 24 tracks concurrently?

Set up three separate rigs, and slave them together. Or maybe your MOTU
can send lightpipe to one 002 and you can slave that to a 2nd rig with the
other 002.

Kind of expensive, but it will work.

--
Jedd Haas - Artist