Why is it that only Corsair and OCZ get reviews

siranthony

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2001
I have been searching for ram reviews off and on for the last month. With only a few exceptions Corsair and OCZ get all the reviews. Corsair especially. They always get stellar reviews. I don't get this. I know there are other memory out there. Especially with PC3700 and PC4000. This memory is already overclocked. So even the corsair and OCZ can't go much farther. In this case I bet Geil or other generics could do just as well for less money. Why don't they get reviewed? It makes me think someone is getting paid. Can anyone shed some light on this?

TKH

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
Reviewers only write articles on hardware/part which manufacturers send to them. It's impossible that for a reviewer to go out and buy every piece of the hardware just for testing purpose. If those manufacturers don't send any review sample to reviewers, how the hell could they write the article?

If I agree with you... will you shut up?
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=22996" target="_new">My System Rig</A>

siranthony

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2001
I guess your probobly right. Do they give this memory to the reviewer? Or do they have to send it back? If they have to send it back then it is just bad buisiness on the other brands for not sending out samples. If they get to keep it then they are getting a gift. Maybe some of us should start our own hardware site. We could get the latest hardware for free.

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
you need to look harder...just google geil review you are bound to find many..

If i put my k6 in a Ferrari it would be faster than your your pentium 4 or Athlon XP :tongue:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Some companies let you keep the hardware, this is handy for comparisons to other hardware as more comes in. Others make you send it back.

If you set up the site, I'll share the booty with you.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
Even twinmos is getting more reviews.

<i><font color=purple>
"I'll Take A Quiet Life
-Handshake to Carbon Monoxide- Th.Yo."
</i><font color=purple>

siranthony

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2001
At the risk of sounding really ignorant. What is "booty"? I know hardware gooroo's really turn on the babes. I'm looking forward to getting some booty.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Booty in the old sense of the word, like from the days of wars and pirates.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>