ghost cps 275 pwr supply

Last response: in Home Audio
July 24, 2005 11:14:51 AM

recent soundcraft ghost owner[le24] w/ a cps 275 pwr supply.concerned
about the amount of heat generated by the pwr supply. is this
normal?you can actually hear it surging too.is it supposed to operate
this way?the board sounds fine.no wonder it came with such a long
cable.i do not have it racked and have it located quite a distance from
my monitors over by my alesis hd 24 which is also loud.they carry on
endless conversations together.go figure!
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 10:52:20 PM

caster wrote:

> recent soundcraft ghost owner[le24] w/ a cps 275 pwr supply.concerned
> about the amount of heat generated by the pwr supply. is this
> normal?you can actually hear it surging too.is it supposed to operate
> this way?the board sounds fine.no wonder it came with such a long
> cable.i do not have it racked and have it located quite a distance from
> my monitors over by my alesis hd 24 which is also loud.they carry on
> endless conversations together.go figure!

My CPS450 for the Delta is also somewhat noisey.
It has gotten worse with age but has not caused
any issues other than the audible sound.
The heat is normal for a highly regulated supply.

rd
!