Sign in with
Your question

Hp scanjet 5400c windows 7 driver

Last response: in Windows 7
July 19, 2012 4:41:41 PM

No drivers available thru HP, there nust be a generic or universal driver that must work.
This scanner is like new, works fine with XP so I would really like to continue to use it.
Ifthere is n way to do this I could use a suggestion of a compareable or better scanner to purchase.
Thanks
Andrew
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
July 19, 2012 4:54:13 PM

Unfortunately, if HP is not providing drivers for this printer, then you are out of luck. You might be able to use some generic black and white printer drivers, but you will lose access to many of the more advanced features.

If you have Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate, using the XP mode it might be possible to kind of end run the issue, however this will be a stopgap solution at best, so it may be time to consider a new printer.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
July 19, 2012 5:45:18 PM

The scanner may be "like new", but the 5400C was released almost a decade ago(2003?). You may be able to dual boot. and use XP to scan. You won't be able to use XP drivers on a Win7 machine.
m
l
Related resources
January 13, 2013 6:45:36 PM

andrew1 said:
No drivers available thru HP, there nust be a generic or universal driver that must work.
This scanner is like new, works fine with XP so I would really like to continue to use it.
Ifthere is n way to do this I could use a suggestion of a compareable or better scanner to purchase.
Thanks
Andrew

FOLLOW THE NEXT STEPS.
1. BEG FROM INTERNET : HP Precision scan pro 3.1 witch suggest to download a file named sj668 .
2 DOWNLOAD THE sj668 file.
3 UNZIP THIS FILE
4 KEEP AS BROWSER , C:\SJ668
5 INSTALL IT .

is a way to solve your problem (not perfectly)
m
l
January 23, 2013 1:51:31 AM

andrew1 said:
Thanks
Andrew

The one idea that follows doesn't seem to work, maybe I did it wrong:
"FOLLOW THE NEXT STEPS.
1. BEG FROM INTERNET : HP Precision scan pro 3.1 witch suggest to download a file named sj668 .
2 DOWNLOAD THE sj668 file.
3 UNZIP THIS FILE
4 KEEP AS BROWSER , C:\SJ668
5 INSTALL IT .

is a way to solve your problem (not perfectly) "

Any better ways to use this scanner with Windows 7 ?
Thanks
Andrew
m
l
!