Drivers for Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro needed

Last response: in Video Games
a b \ Driver
October 19, 2004 11:49:06 PM

I have found an older Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro. I would like to use
this on a Win 2K Pro machine. The only driver that i have found for it is
v3.02 and specified for win 95 and 98 and have been unsucessful in loading
them on 2K. Does anyone know if it is possible to get this to work on 2K and
if so where i might find the drivers?

Thanks to anyone who might be able to shed some light on this for me.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
October 20, 2004 12:01:16 PM

LocoE,

Sidewinder software is an integrated part of Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
Once your Sidewinder is plugged in, all you should have to do is open the
Game Controllers applet in your Control Panel, click the ADD button and
choose Microsoft Sidewinder (Auto Detect).

Hope this helps.
--
Thanks,
Nick Kritselis [MS]

"LocoE" <LocoE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have found an older Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro. I would like to use
> this on a Win 2K Pro machine. The only driver that i have found for it is
> v3.02 and specified for win 95 and 98 and have been unsucessful in loading
> them on 2K. Does anyone know if it is possible to get this to work on 2K
> and
> if so where i might find the drivers?
>
> Thanks to anyone who might be able to shed some light on this for me.
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
October 22, 2004 1:35:04 PM

If that dosent work I suggest you google "Sidewinder force feed back pro
drivers". You should be able to find it that way.
!