Can't boot up without inserting usb drive after changing partitions on laptop

Hello,

I'm having a problem with my new laptop. It came with 2 primary partitions: a 650 gb C drive (boot) and a 50 gb D drive (recover). Because the windows partition tool didn't let me reduce the partition size by more than 50%, I decided to use EaseUS partition master to do that. I made D drive logical and renamed it to F, made the C drive 200 gb and made a new 400 gb logical drive and named it D. Then I restarted the laptop and let the tool do its work. After this, the problem started. I couldn't get past the bios screen, and couldn't even tap F2 and F8 to get in the boot menu. When I inserted my windows 7 recovery dvd, I heard the dvd drive working, but nothing happened. When I plugged in a usb drive, however, the laptop loaded the cd drive and I could reinstall windows 7 from the cd. Windows works now, actually, even my old windows installation still works, but I still can't boot up without inserting the usb drive first. Can anyone help me with this? I haven't been able to find anyone with a similar problem to mine. The recovery drive doesn't work anymore either.

I'm terrified of doing anything wrong again and causing me to get locked out of the laptop completely.
2 answers Last reply
More about boot inserting drive changing partitions laptop
  1. I managed to recover my laptop to the factory defaults, but I still can't boot up or access the bios without having the usb plugged in...
  2. yifski said:
    I managed to recover my laptop to the factory defaults, but I still can't boot up or access the bios without having the usb plugged in...

Hi mate,

I have 100% same problem. Also had used same software and completed same actions with my laptop's HDD. Did you found a solution?

In my opinion there is something wrong with HDD structure after resizing C: and that's probably why even "bios/boot device select" freezes, because cannot read the original disk structure.

Please, if you've solved the problem, share your experience with me :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Laptops Boot Windows 7