ASUS P4C800-E MB, Windows XP, WDC SATA Drive Pr

JonathanF

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2001
The problem is with my Computer's ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe MB, even though that in the BIOS the WDC 250 GB SATA Drive is configured and detected properly, the Windows OS when booting directly from the Windows XP Pro CD-ROM cannot detect the WDC SATA 250 GB Drive.

I entered in the "F6" Function Key during the initial Windows XP Software Configuration Load so it can install the other Disk Drive Controller Device Drivers from the Windows XP Pro CD-ROM, but it only looks for the Software on the Floppy Disk Drive A and not the CD-ROM Drive.

How can I get the Windows XP Pro CD-ROM Configuration to recognize the WDC 250 GB SATA Drive so that I can proceed on with the Windows XP Pro installation?

Where I can obtain Software SATA Device Drivers so that Windows XP Pro will recognize the Serial ATA Drive during the Windows installation process?

Also, since I have one WDC 250 GB SATA Drive, should I be connecting the Drive to the ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard's onboard Serial ATA Connector, or to the Motherboard's onboard Serial ATA Raid Connector?

Jonathan

Jonathan

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
I'd try copying the driver files to an FDD.

I had a much better usertitle but was caught trying to hack me a better one so I got my current title as a punishment