Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
<A HREF="http://www.superpower.com/proddetail.asp?ID=198" target="_new">http://www.superpower.com/proddetail.asp?ID=198</A>

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
ok

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
not bad, but where's the damned full twr version !! seems like no manufacturers make fulltwr versions of anything, and i want a full tower! ! !

<b>don't hold strong opinions about things you don't understand</b>

...<i><b><A HREF="http://home.graffiti.net/error_911:graffiti.net/specs.html" target="_new">system specs</A></b></i>

Auburn9698

Champion
Oh, did you want comments on it? ( :wink: just messin' with ya, crashman). Looks cool and all, but it doesn't seem to me like a good subject for painting with my school colors, so it's just not my type. Cool, though.

19 days and counting.....
<font color=blue>War</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Eagle</font color=orange>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If I had that case I'd have to mod it to hold more hard drives, but I liked the sidepanels and look so I thought I'd put it to you guys.

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
actually thats the only thing i didn't like about it, the lack of hard-drive cages (though i do like the placement of the ones it has)... also, why no full twr!!?!?!?!

<b>don't hold strong opinions about things you don't understand</b>

...<i><b><A HREF="http://home.graffiti.net/error_911:graffiti.net/specs.html" target="_new">system specs</A></b></i>

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
personally i think it is ugly...but then again...i must have a strage taste for cases...

I just like a nice black antec case...i dunno...i think that really "bling bling" cases look cheesey...

If i put my k6 in a Ferrari it would be faster than your your pentium 4 or Athlon XP :tongue:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, well I thought the bling factor was a little more subtle on this one.

I hate case doors.

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
so do i...i only like 3 antec cases...all of them have no case doors....

I used to like enermax cases...but now i see them as too blingy....

Other than that i am pretty picky about cases...i like my cases to have subtle beauty...hard to say and i know it sounds corny...but i hate a case that stands out...i want it to blend into the room...not be the focal point...

If i put my k6 in a Ferrari it would be faster than your your pentium 4 or Athlon XP :tongue:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I like the classic black Inwin and Enlight cases, what do you think?

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
i do like enlight's plain 'ol black case (if you are talking about the one newegg has)...nice and simple...but still nice looking

I have never heard of inwin...i did a google search and went to there site...i like 1 of their cases it was atx and was a black case with silver face plates and front pannel...the only thing i don't like about it is i will have to probably do some airbrushing of faceplates to get my opticals to match the case...

I like the enlight case's pricing too...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
No, I'm not talking about any cases on Inwin's site! I'm talking about an older model that they still produce but no longer advertise! <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=11-108-273-01.JPG/11-108-273-02.JPG/11-108-273-03.JPG/11-108-273-04.JPG/11-108-273-05.JPG/11-108-273-06.JPG/11-108-273-07.JPG" target="_new">Newegg's Pictures</A>, <A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduct.asp?description=11-108-273&depa=1" target="_new">Newegg Details</A>. It's about the same price and has similar looks to the Enlight unit, but it has a PowerMan power supply, accepts a 92mm exhaust fan (IIRC), the verticle brace is actually a card holder, it has more internal drive bays, and, the biggest detail for me, you don't have to remove the face panel to remove the side panel.

Edit: Almost forgot, it also has a CPU cooling duct (quack).

<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Crashman on 08/12/03 06:09 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
WOW...a beautiful case with nice features and a decent powersupply...oh ya and the price!

Thanx for showing that to me...i wonder how that duct helps out?

Hmm...i hope they continue making it...cause the next time i build a system (sometime between january and next summer...depending on how things with the cpu market go) i will definitly consider both cases...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
There is another style of that case at Newegg, and it's black, but it has silver painted trim that lookes like...silver painted plastic/fake aluminum. Yuck.

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
thats what i don't like...phoney cases...

Too many cases are using paint and lights and gay colors...to jazz up their cases...i look to enermax and their all lit up cases...i can't beleive i used to like em...

Proud owner of DOS 3.3 :smile:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You can't believe you used to like them? Do you have rocks in your head?

Enermax used to use Chieftech cases (you know, like Antec), now they use some cheap thin crappy cases that costs around $35 from the original manufacturer.