Sign in with
Your question

How to upgrade windows7 evaluation version

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
March 3, 2010 10:15:13 AM

i have an evaluation version of windows 7 an it expires in a few days from now was wondering if there are upgrade i could get from the net that would help me get the full version
a b $ Windows 7
March 3, 2010 10:33:51 AM

Yeah, go to Microsoft.com and purchase it.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 3, 2010 6:25:47 PM

Just buy Win 7 Retail from Microsoft or a store and use the included product key.

m
l
Related resources
a c 411 $ Windows 7
March 3, 2010 8:13:20 PM

it's called a purchase!
m
l
a c 411 $ Windows 7
March 3, 2010 8:15:34 PM

spend some cash!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 4, 2010 1:15:33 AM

You have to buy a new Windows 7 for installing.
If you have valid licensed copy of XP or Vista, you can buy an upgrade version of windows 7 or else you have buy a full version of Windows 7.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 8, 2010 5:23:43 PM

Tunbosun,

You can perform a clean install from a Windows 7 upgrade version however you will have to have a valid previous copy of Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows Vista (Windows 7 RC or EVAL will not qualify) installed to validate the upgrade and activate the product key. Please note that when migrating from Windows XP to Windows 7 you will not have an "in place upgrade" option. You will however have the option to select "custom" install when prompted. The Windows 7 install process will then copy all of your data in "My Documents" over to a Windows.old folder within Windows 7 itself. All applications and documents stored in other locations will have to be reinstalled / transferred manually.
For more information on the Windows 7 Upgrade, please go here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Installing-...

For additional assistance with the migration of Windows XP to Windows 7, please go here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ee150430.asp...

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team
m
l
!