Kingston DDR400 Hyper X

gryd

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2003
I have 512 of Samsung ddr 2700 and i am running a 2700+ and I want to overclock in the future. I was just wondering if the Hyper-X mem is worth the price. I play games all the time, so I was wondering if it helped out at all

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
Upgrading to DDR400 from DDR333 will show very little performance boost (ddr333 is pretty fast these days and still common). Overclocking your ram could be better.

Oh! what's your CPU? MOBO? & VIDEO CARD?

<i><font color=purple>
"I'll Take A Quiet Life
A Handshake to Carbon Monoxide" -Th.Y.
</i><font color=purple>

TheMASK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2003
Unless u r overclocking, its not worth investing in high-end RAMs. I would suggest u overclock ur present memory to the extent it would go to. If u r lucky, ur present memory may as well run stable (with a little increment of about .1V to its voltage) at 200FSB, but may be at lower timings.

Also, u could wait when DDR500 becomes common, so that the prices of DDR400, DDR433 et al would come down pretty much.

<font color=blue>Just be </font color=blue><font color=red><b>ABU</b></font color=red> - <b><font color=red>A</b></font color=red><font color=blue>lways</font color=blue> <b><font color=red>B</b></font color=red><font color=blue>e</font color=blue> <b><font color=red>U</b></font color=red><font color=blue>seful<b>!</b></font color=blue>