I am looking for an answer!

JimC_07

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
I'm also having problems with even the screensavers that come with windows 7. They won't load automatically. I've been using a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 and a Microsoft Keyboard connected to a USB port (not wireless) for several years with no problems and I installed the latest drivers from Microsoft. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my NVIDIA video driver. All drivers and programs are updated. I wonder if this is a problem with Winows 7?? I CAN load the screensavers manually, but this defeats the purpose of screensavers which adds some amusement and fun to an idle computer!!

JimC_07

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012

Thanks for your reply:

Finally - Screensavers are loading now! I'm running the 32 bit version and as far as I know, it's a legal copy - I registered it with Microsoft!

After reinstalling the NVIDIA video driver (for the 3rd time), there were no extra NVIDIA entries in Msconfig startup. I ran a program to clean Registry errors and optimize the Registry. When I shut the computer down for the night, it wouldn't shut down completely and I had to "pull the plug". I thought I may be in trouble when starting the computer this morning, but, much to my surprise, it started up faster than usual (thanks to the registry optimization?).

I've had to set up a 2nd USER ID so I'm forced to logon with my current ID rather than booting directly to the desktop. This was the only way of getting into the Desktop and running programs without windows freezing. I'm afraid if I delete the 2nd User ID to boot directly to the Desktop (like I did under VISTA), I'll run into the freezing problem again and probably mess up the screensavers again. Guess I'll live with what is working now, although it's a nuisance having to logon before getting to my Desktop!