Sign in with
Your question

Login Issues for Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
July 20, 2012 12:15:37 AM

Whenever I attempt to login to my windows 7 admin account I get the welcome in the middle of the screen with the loading circle, yet after waiting for countless minutes it still will not load up. I have been using this computer for about a year now since I made it and do not know why it is having issues logging in my admin account. I ran it just fine in safe mode and scanned with my Malwarebytes and got no malicious items detected. Should I just wait longer and see if it finally starts up? I think there is a bigger issue here

More about : login issues windows

a c 205 $ Windows 7
July 20, 2012 12:27:47 AM

If you can get into safe mode, try creating a new admin account.
It might just be some programs/services try to start. Check the event log.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 20, 2012 1:30:32 AM

Hi :) 

Also run a hard drive test in DOS....Hirens CD etc...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
Related resources
July 20, 2012 3:32:55 AM

rgd1101 said:
If you can get into safe mode, try creating a new admin account.
It might just be some programs/services try to start. Check the event log.

It is taking a ludicrous amount of time to load, + this is a pretty powerful rig. I am going to try to make a new admin account though, but keep in mind that the current one has all my programs on it and also I tried logging into another account and that didn't work. I was forced to force shut down about five times (hoping the HDD is okay) and even had to turn off the power supply when holding the power button down didn't work. I'm seriously afraid that my OS is bricked.
m
l
July 20, 2012 3:37:46 AM

Please keep in mind that my system has been a little buggy with logins before, I have had to force shut it down a couple times when I clicked on my admin account and after several minutes the password box wouldn't appear. Also in safe mode all my programs that I used (CCleaner, Malwarebytes, Avast) ran extremely well.
m
l
July 20, 2012 3:42:03 AM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

Also run a hard drive test in DOS....Hirens CD etc...

All the best Brett :) 

I am sorry, but if you are referring to safe mode with command prompt then I have no clue how to use that.
m
l
July 20, 2012 3:52:38 AM

Alright guys, good and bad news.
Good News : I successfully logged into my admin account
Bad News : It was only after I disconnected my computer from the internet, so now I believe I may be hacked. New thread in security I suppose, unless you guys know what to do
m
l
!