Computer wont boot Win 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauldimler

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
Hello Everyone, I have a boot problem with booting windows 7. I'm not entirely sure if this is the right section in the forums but its pretty dang close i think.

All right, I have an Asus (Republic of Gamers) G50V-X1

NVIDIA GeForce 9800M
Windows Vista 64 Bit ( From Factory but I upgraded to Windows 7 )
Intel Centrino 2
4G RAM
250G HDD (Confirmed Working)

Sad Story - I let my mother borrow this computer after she burnt hers up and sad to say she also burnt mine up because she did allow the computer adequate ventilation covered in blankets. So From there I formatted the HDD and hooked it up to my Rig, installed windows on it and it worked fine while it was on my Rig, So i formatted it again and stuck it back in the Laptop.

When ever I try to install Windows 7 64 Bit it starts to install but when it get to the "Expanding Files" (I believe that's whats it's called) I get a BSOD and I cant do anything, It does it every time.

So the other night I got bored and while using "Universal USB Installer 1.9.0.4" made a boot-able Linux USB Drive "Ububtu 12.04" and it worked perfectly on my Custom Rig, No errors or Nothing.

So from that I ended up trying to boot the Laptop up with the USB Drive and it works fine for the first minute or two, then It begins to heat up and I begin to get errors, and when I start to click on stuff nothing happens, I have to force Shut down the computer. What could be wrong with this Laptop?

I hope I made it clear enough, if not, I will try to provide you more info as requested, All and any help will be appreciated

Solution
If the system has overheated, you could easily have component damage. Anything from the CPU to the video card to RAM. See if ASUS has a utility disk to run hardware tests, run that on the laptop.
Status
Not open for further replies.