Sign in with
Your question

PC screen goes blank suddenly, different times

Last response: in Windows 7
July 20, 2012 1:36:48 AM

Hello,
my windows 7 ultimate self built machine screen goes blank, power still on, acts like a reboot, but doesn't beep, so it doesn't reboot, took out video card, used motherboard video through hdmi, does the same thing, also removed ram got 4 beeps from motherboard.
a c 352 $ Windows 7
a b V Motherboard
July 20, 2012 2:08:25 PM

If you removed all the ram, the system won't boot, so the beep errors are normal.

Did you try a different monitor?

Did you try different RAM or try one stick at a time?
m
l
July 29, 2012 1:19:13 PM

I have had power supply problems before, but my board told me about the problem. This time I had no clue what was wrong. My new Ultra showed up yesterday and so far seems to have solved my problem. Thank you
m
l
December 19, 2012 4:25:53 AM

My boyfriend is having the same problem. He built a really nice computer with expensive fancy top-of-the-line parts, but of course it keeps failing. Computer still runs, but the screen goes out. Sometimes its a black screen, sometimes it's light blue, sometimes it's all glitchy-looking with lines everwhere.

We've tried plugging the computer into a separate outlet by itself, but that didn't help. We also tried opening the case up and having a fan blow in there but that didn't help either. It seems to shut itself off randomly. Sometimes in-game, sometimes when sitting idle, sometimes it happens before the computer can even turn on fully!

Any advice?
m
l
Related resources
!