Sign in with
Your question

Office 2007 Installation interrupted

Last response: in Windows 7
March 3, 2010 12:15:11 PM

I had office 2007 enterprise installed and working on my system with windows x64, then i formatted my Pc and re-installed windows 7. whilst installing office 2007, there was a power cut and my computer shut down. When i booted up again, office didnt continue, and wasnt in the add/remove programs in control panel.
when i tried to start the install of Office again it got near the end then gave me this: Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly component.

I have tried to research but am not winning, tried deleting an office/office.12 folder from the registry but didnt work. if someone has some advice that would be great, i really dont want to re install windows 7 again.
a b $ Windows 7
March 3, 2010 10:48:01 PM

I'm afraid with power cuts during an install that the only way to remedy the issue is to re-install windows. Doing so will wipe everything clean obviously, i.e. files that were messed up during the incomplete install. Before doing so though, you can try a repair via the W7 DVD to see if that works.
m
l
March 3, 2010 11:52:36 PM

Also, if you are lucky, there might have been a restore point that you can go back to before the installation.
m
l
!