ASUS A7N8X + Logitech Z-640's

Caimbeul

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003
Hi all, dumb question time. have just bought the above speakers and the documentation was pants...all set up but cannot get sound out of rear speakers? have tried with mp3's DVD's using various apps to no effect.

all the jacks to go intothe back of the of the pc are colour co-ordinated orange, green etc and correspond to socket colours on the mobo but there is a black lead/jack but dont know where to put it (no dodgy comments please ;-P) i have it in the purple (rear spkr) socket at the mo and doesnt work. any help would be appreciated.

<i>Mmm Dawn AND Eve at the same time...Drroooooll
-------------------------------------------------
<b>XP2100+, 1Gb RAM, ASUS A7N8X, PNY 64Mb Ti4200. :cool:

molior

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2003
You've probably checked this, but the small & simple things sometimes get missed, is windows configured to use the right number of speakers?

Row like mortals, think like gods.

Caimbeul

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003
you mean in the windows sound options in control panel?...Hmmm, indeed it does appear that the small things can slip through the net on occasion. thanks, will give it a try. failing that i will be back. cheers!

Caimbeul

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003
ok i now have snd from rears but 2 things have happened. 1) i have wierd echoey snd
2) I have no center channel unless i hit the "matrix" button on the center speaker which mearly merges L & R for a psuedo 3d effect.

Caimbeul

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003
For any who get this problem i figured it out...The audio connections on the back of the A7N8X are a little odd. Basically in the Nvidia soundstorm control panel you have to run the speaker set up wizard and end up putting the rear spkrs into the mic socket and the rears into the line in etc totally bypassing the ones marked for Rear, Center etc. Odd, but now i have graet sound!