[SOLVED] Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
its a mac, its gonna be a crap experience, with sh**ty framerates, and little proper support. A mac is designed for fun, and by steve job's definition that means NO GAMING!!!

So yeah get a windows rig, or install windows on your mac, that can only make it better.

If you insist on gaming on OSX then go for steam yeah

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Wrong completely there are a lot of Mac users who are gamers also. Windows STINKS! They are prone to viruses and break down.Install windows on your mac that is more sensible.

as already said, saying windows stinks then saying install it makes no sense

secondly, having a mac won't prevent you from having viruses on the mac when running windows and the whole break down and repair isn't really true if you buy a quality laptop, PC's with the same specs but at half price is a bad comparison to the MBP, you need to compare something of better quality which can be had cheaper

also gaming on OSX doesn't seem to go over well, you need higher specs to get less FPS in games that are on both systems, even look at the requirements, even Source based games (Valve) don't fair well at all on OSX

mayu

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
I think steam would be a good place to start. Keep in mind that Mac's are a great computer but really lag in the field of gaming. There are just a handful good games that are on Mac's. I would suggest installing Windows as the second OS on your Mac. Then you get the good of both Mac OS X and Windows 7. I hope I was of some help.

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Your negativity is over whelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.