Is it possible to change Operating Systems on the MN-500

I am a linux user who was given an M$BN MN-500, it works ok
for most things but the port forwarding is busted (it wont
recognize that i added my webserver onto port 80) and its
really not very secure (my friend was able to gain access
to it very easily, luckily he was stopped by my encrypted
linux harddrive) and I have tried to secure it. Would it
be possible to install a stripped down version of BSD or
another form of *nix on it? (could i update its firmware
with BSD)
1 answer Last reply
More about change operating systems

    Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware is only supported on Windows
    operating systems. You're on your own otherwise.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP

    "linuxuser" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am a linux user who was given an M$BN MN-500, it works ok
    > for most things but the port forwarding is busted (it wont
    > recognize that i added my webserver onto port 80) and its
    > really not very secure (my friend was able to gain access
    > to it very easily, luckily he was stopped by my encrypted
    > linux harddrive) and I have tried to secure it. Would it
    > be possible to install a stripped down version of BSD or
    > another form of *nix on it? (could i update its firmware
    > with BSD)

Routers Systems Linux Networking