Is it possible to change Operating Systems on the MN-500

I am a linux user who was given an M$BN MN-500, it works ok
for most things but the port forwarding is busted (it wont
recognize that i added my webserver onto port 80) and its
really not very secure (my friend was able to gain access
to it very easily, luckily he was stopped by my encrypted
linux harddrive) and I have tried to secure it. Would it
be possible to install a stripped down version of BSD or
another form of *nix on it? (could i update its firmware
with BSD)

Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware is only supported on Windows
operating systems. You're on your own otherwise.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP