Abu_Safi

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2003
Greetings all,

I've been lusting over a Canterwood system, trying to work out some high quality components that will offer decent, air-cooled overclocking.

The biggest area of concern for me is the RAM. After reading this board and a few others I've come to focus on the Mushkin pc3500 Level II Black Dual DIMMs. I'm opening this thread for feedback and commentary, pros, cons, alternative suggestions, vendor links, and anything else related or for consideration.

Here's the mobo/chip, with desired OC.

IC7 (some flavor, not sure G, MaxIII etc)
2.4c (perhaps higher, 2.6 or 2.8)

5:4 divider
275 cpu FSB/220 mem FSB, with the tight latency settings

The Mushkin matched modules are expensive (1 GB for $384 USD from Mushkin site), the major drawback with this choice, IMO.

Anyhow, just looking for discussion.

BTW Crashman and pIII Man, thanks again for your good info on my other thread regarding the 440BX board.

-Abu Safi

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
Why not use PC4000, FSB250 and stay in synced mode? You can say that the higher FSB will compensate for not being synced with memory, but IMO the best setup will be the 2.6c, PC4000 and synced FSB250. That way you will have almost the same clock speed (3250 instead of 3300) and be synced.

I had a much better usertitle but was caught trying to hack me a better one so I got my current title as a punishment

TRENDING THREADS