laptop upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ha-aheo

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
aloha all.. few questions concerning my laptop i would like to upgrade the hdd / graphics / memory - but am not really sure how or where to go or get the upgrades. as of now the specs on my laptop

amd duo core 2.16
1g ddr2
80g hdd @5400rpm
nvidia 6150

Now only want to really use this for gaming at the present i play Vanguard and a few other mmorpg's mainly use my desktop but would like to be able to use my laptop as well. where do i go to find upgrades and would it be worth it too by and have the upgrades installed or possibly find somewhere i can maube trade up my laptop?
the main upgrades i looking for i guess are
2g memory
100g +/- hdd @7200rpm
a better gragraphics card to handle the games better

i appreacite any help in this area have been stuck on it for about a month now.
thank you and aloha

Well, the other problem is the graphics he already has. The 6150, I am pretty sure, is integrated. This usually means that the laptop has no room for graphics expansion. (please correct me if I am wrong)

Other than that, HDD and Ram for notebooks can be found at sites like Newegg.com or tigerdirect.com. Look for a 2.5 inch notebook HDD that runs at 7200 rpm for the best performance. If you have 1gb (2X512mb) you will prbably have to scrap all of your ram and just buy 2 gbs of something new. If it's 1gb in one dimm then you can just add another dimm of similar spec. Run a program like PC WIzard off of cpuid.com to find out the exact specifications of your laptop.

Look at these:
Laptop HDDs
and these:
Laptop Ram

Ha-aheo

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
ok thanks for the info ill try and call them on monday...i really think i should stick to desktops..Laptops are like cell phones they are cool but so damn danty.....

aloha and mahalo

thor68372rockon

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
Ha-aheo, If still interested in upgrading your laptop, I go to newegg.com for all my computor upgrades cheap & quality products, also fast shipping. I build 2 -3 computors a week and I have not got a bad product yet.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.