Pro Tools M-Powered sampling rate problem

Dear group,

Yesterday I hooked up an M-Audio FireWire 410 and installed Pro Tools
M-Powered. Great! Both Pro Tools and M-Audio work fine. There's just one
problem... Pro Tools lets me create and open only 44.1 kHz sessions...

Other audio software is able to play all M-Audio supported sampling rates. I
went through all possible hardware/system requirements for both Firewire 410
and Pro Tools software (In fact, I've selected all my computer hardware from
the Digidesign requirements at their website). Googling on this topic does
not give any result.

Any suggestions? Thanx!
Gert
3 answers Last reply
More about tools powered sampling rate problem

    Have you tried the drop down menus...in order for you to NOT be able to
    choose an option, it would have to be greyed out or throw you some kind
    of error.

    When you create a session, there should be a drop down box that allows
    you to choose the sample rate.

    Most importantly, have you ventured this question at the Digidesign
    User Conference M-Powered forums. They've got by far the largest
    concentration of M-Powered users that could help you troubleshoot this
    issue if it isn't simply user error.

    > I use both the firewire 410 and pro tools m-powered, on a mac...
    > what OS are you using?

    On Win XP and I'm starting to have doubts about that ;)

    I'm a PC kind of person and I love the fact that there are so many
    (free) apps for Windows that Pro Tools has not. Freaky stuff.

    > Totally weird problem, has to be something simple. If
    > there was a problem with your drivers and such, you
    > most likely wouldn't be able to launch PT, let alone
    > pass audio to it.

    Exactly.

    Yesterday evening I was messing around again, and suddenly it opened a
    48 kHz session! Creating a new session also offered 48 kHz, but NO
    44.1... Only 48... :\

    I found out that Pro Tools "detects" the current playback rate (which is
    44.1 kHz by default). At the moment I started PT, I was playing a 48 kHz
    wav with a simple player. PT seems to think that the current playback
    rate is the ONLY possibility. Ok, I can live with this method, but
    hey... $350 for something that is not working properly? Come on
    Digidesign...

    I'll wait for their answer.

    > -Matt

    Thanks,
    Gert

    > Have you tried the drop down menus...in order for you to NOT be
    > able to choose an option, it would have to be greyed out or
    > throw you some kind of error.

    No errors... :(

    > When you create a session, there should be a drop down boxthat allows
    > you to choose the sample rate.

    The drop down menu only offers 44.1 kHz...

    > Most importantly, have you ventured this question at the
    > Digidesign User Conference M-Powered forums. They've got
    > by far the largest concentration of M-Powered users that
    > could help you troubleshoot this issue if it isn't simply
    > user error.

    I haven't found anything like this. I'll post a message there.

    Thanks,
    Gert

Pro Audio Hardware Audio Firewire Software