Where can I get info on Surround Sound mixing?

Last response: in Home Audio
August 1, 2005 5:54:48 PM

Any useful templates?
Realistic surround and creative sound?
kevin
Anonymous
August 1, 2005 8:25:11 PM

In article <1122929688.789065.42450@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"Matrixmusic" <kevindoylemusic@rogers.com> wrote:

> Any useful templates?
> Realistic surround and creative sound?
> kevin

You can try our website for starters. Go to the website below and look
for FAQ.

--
Bobby Owsinski
Surround Associates

Matrixmusic <kevindoylemusic@rogers.com> wrote:
>Any useful templates?
>Realistic surround and creative sound?

For 5.1 or matrixed formats?

For matrix stuff, there is a really need handbook that your Dolby rep will
send you for free, if you ask.

For 5.1, it's easy. You can put anything anywhere. I have a tendency to
want to put things where they would realistically be in a concert, but then
I always thought that was the whole goal of the recording/reproduction
process. Others disagree.
--scott
August 1, 2005 9:13:44 PM

> For 5.1, it's easy. You can put anything anywhere.

Well... That assumes pair-wise mixing produces a stable image, and
reproduces the mixer's intent. It doesn't always.
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 1:30:18 PM

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:25:11 -0700, in rec.audio.pro Bobby Owsinski
<polymedia@earthlink.net> wrote:

>In article <1122929688.789065.42450@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> "Matrixmusic" <kevindoylemusic@rogers.com> wrote:
>
>> Any useful templates?
>> Realistic surround and creative sound?
>> kevin
>
>You can try our website for starters. Go to the website below and look
>for FAQ.
Thanks for that, very interesting

martin
!