Sign in with
Your question

Question about upgrading memory for my laptop

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
February 17, 2007 6:14:21 AM

i got a philips freevents x56 laptop with 1 gb memory (1gb *1)
i want to upgrade it but i can only find 1 memory slot just under the cover backward , i cant find the other one. I try to open the structure but cant see any other slots.(not easy to disassemble it ,i just open it from one corner to look inside) Does this laptop have only one memory slot?
a b D Laptop
February 17, 2007 2:23:01 PM

Do you know if your RAM is DDR or DDRII? this would help a bit more.

If it's DDRII then this could be halpful:
After reading some review, I believe that there is a second slot for you to add more RAM. Crucial's site was the most helpful. Check them out: Crucial memory. You can buy specific memory for your laptop and they seem to indicate that your laptop has two slots.
February 17, 2007 2:31:01 PM

Quote:
Do you know if your RAM is DDR or DDRII? this would help a bit more.

If it's DDRII then this could be halpful:
After reading some review, I believe that there is a second slot for you to add more RAM. Crucial's site was the most helpful. Check them out: Crucial memory. You can buy specific memory for your laptop and they seem to indicate that your laptop has two slots.

of course ddr2 its core 2 duo cpu!!
i know that website. I checked it , it only shows freeline type!!but my laptop is freevents type!!! i cant help . This laptop is really strange!! the pcservicecall has already replied to me guess what!!?? show below

they said:
Unfortunatly we don''t have any details on the inside of this Laptop, it shows that it has 2x 512Mb installed in it, and as you can only find 1 memory slot, it maybe that the other memory slot isn''t upgradable, which can be the case with some Laptops.The only other thing we can advise is to take it into a Repairshop as they may have to open the Laptop up to get to the memory, but you do risk voiding the warrenty if anything happens to it.

what a stupid service useless
!