good PC133/ PC 150? advise needed

Chewy

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2002
I have a Aopen BX440 board and I'm on the look out for good ram to over clock with. (PC133)

Any one know of a good site to check out. Or input of what brand I should go with. I know I have limitations of what I can use. No more then 256MB dimms that are double sided and have 16 bit-chip. Something like that.

I want to try to get the bus to go as close to as possible 150. I have a p3 733/133. So I'll only go up to 825 but any how why not.

Any help will be great full.

It's not wise to upset a Wookie.

Flinx

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
go to the manufacturer's sites of good name brands
Check out the likes of Kingston and Corsair.

<A HREF="http://www.crucial.com" target="_new">http://www.crucial.com</A>

The loving are the daring!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Flinx on 08/20/03 08:19 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I sold PIII_Man some PC150 recently, perhaps he'd consider reselling it for "the right price", hehe.

If you want to be sure you get the right kind of RAM, just get it from crucial using their memory selector. If you can't find your board, just use another BX board such as the Abit BE6-II for your search.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Chewy

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2002
PC150 sweet! - P3_MAN ya there bud? Never mind, I could never ask you to part with something of the magnitude. LOL I've heard lots of talk about PC150 but never see it in stores nor online. Not much of it around?

I'm not looking to spend any more then 50 bucks (Canadian) for 256 MB dimm, whether it's PC133 or PC150. Keeping my eye in ebay. Just don't want to get stuck with a dimm that my system only recognizes half of it which is the vote I'm in now. (want to make a trade P3_MAN? he he) j/k

Thanks for that link Flinx - I spent hours yesterday going through the forums looking for it. I remembered seeing it posted somewhere but dang if I could find it LOL

Chewy

It's not wise to upset a Wookie.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, Crucial's prices are up, but at least you know you're getting the right kind of RAM when you buy RAM for a BX board from them.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>