I have destroyed my laptop...a bit..

inbredyokel

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
Hope you can help me please.
I was trying to clone my 1tb HDD onto a smaller 512gb SSD.
After a couple of fruitless attempts, using Paragon I managed to “shrink” the partitions on the HDD to around 300gb and tried again.
When in Windows 7 disk management I have somehow managed to turn my HDD recovery partition and Main (Boot file, page file and crash dump) into basic partitions with simple layouts (and I can't seem to change them back), but I have managed to "clone" them on the SDD in primary format...but when I have tried to use the SDD to boot, I immediately get “Bootmgr is missing press ctrl+alt+delete”.
I have tried to reset to initial settings, initially the reset starts promisingly, but then the system stops working and I get a 12 digit long error code.
Also since I have changed the drives into basic/simple, so the cloning software (Reflect) no longer “sees” my HDD, I eventually "cloned" it with EaseUs.
The laptop still works however, but I'm no better off than when I started and I now have a 512 GB SSD desk ornament.

Anyone got any ideas please?…because I’m proper stumped...and I may be making my family's life a misery because of it...sh*t rolls downhill!

Cloning is bad mkay. There's a ton of things that can go wrong and they often do. It may not properly align partitions which is important for SSDs (EaseUs can do this supposedly) and it may not properly install the partition table and/or boot loader. It It's always best to do a reinstall. What you should do is install Windows on the SSD and mount your old drive in an enclosure to copy data. If you have a desktop you can plug it into there and transfer over the network.

inbredyokel

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
Took the HDD and tried to reinstall windows to start again from USB , and as it turns out my OEM has been corrupted (I'm really this special).
So I have to reload all of the drivers etc, and I thought hang on...the SDD has the same info on it...do that instead.

Wrong!

I now have a pair a corrupted drives which need formatting and all OS and drivers reloaded.

Anyone got a line on how to get a download of Win 7 premium?