Audio Master Tech on Yamaha any good, or just hype

mattburklund

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2002
I want to buy a new cd burner, that is great for burning audio cd's, The only cd burner that looks to be better than any other for audio is the Yamaha with the audio master technology. I know Yamaha is not supporting or making them anymore, but that is not an issue as I think it will last long enough. Has anyone used the audio master program and found it to be worth the money? Is there an audible improvement in sound, or is it just hype? Or, are there any other players with similar advanced audio technology?
Thanks.

mattburklund

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2002
I found a review at cdfreaks, so basically the audio master is just hype, unless some one else knows differently. They tested it on a sony car stereo which isn't ideal, but I think they should have noticed a slight difference anyway.
Here is there quote:"When writing audio the Yamaha CRW-F1 offers the mentioned 'Advanced Audio Master Quality Recording' mode but unfortunately we, just as with the Yamaha CRW3200E with its 'Audio Master Quality Recording', couldn't tell the difference between a disc written in this special audio mode and an audio disc written at full speed."