RED "Starting Windows" on boot-up, Help!

zervium

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Hello, I have been recently getting Red grainy film like color on "Starting Windows" 50% of the time I boot up. My computer runs fine, and boots normally, should I be worried?

i5 2500K@3.2 Ghz
Crossfire 6970 Twin Frozr @ 940Mhz
ASRock p67 Xtreme4 motherboard

Solution
Well, if it materialises during 'normal' operations like games, then there's a fair chance it's hardware, GPU prime suspect, guess you won't know for sure without trying another. RAM, CPU and motherboard could all be at fault, RAM can be tested (Memtest 86) and if you have more than one stick they could be removed one at a time and swapped round slots.

zervium

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
OK, I booted-up about 4 times, going into bios all four boot ups.

The Results: No Red grainy screen on any of the bios boot-ups, but after I exit and continue to boot, 2 out of the 4 boot ups, had a red grainy boot up.

zervium

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
It would appear so; I only have a problem with a couple games, of which hard freeze, followed by a higher chance of a red screen.

I don't think it's drivers, because they haven't loaded yet, is it possible it could be faulty hardware installation?

Well, if it materialises during 'normal' operations like games, then there's a fair chance it's hardware, GPU prime suspect, guess you won't know for sure without trying another. RAM, CPU and motherboard could all be at fault, RAM can be tested (Memtest 86) and if you have more than one stick they could be removed one at a time and swapped round slots.

Solution