Removing Search.conduit.com virus/malware

poochythedog

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
I've tried everything to get rid of this malware/virus. I've tried over 5+ programs (malwarebytes, spybot S&D, etc...) and they can't seem to find anything. However every time I try to start up chrome or firefox, it keeps sending me back to search.conduit.com.
Also, I've noticed that whenever one of these pages load, my computer tends to slow down, sometimes not letting me open up task manager or even shutting down my computer.
I've also tried the instructions online of removing it from my extensions/addons on firefox and chrome, but it always seems to come back once I restart my computer. What do I do? Please help.

poochythedog

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
Tried it. It found something, and I got rid of it, but search.conduit.com is still on my comp, as it continues to constantly change my homepage over and over.

Any other suggestions guys? Please, I'm desperate :(

geekintel

Honorable
May 20, 2012
No idea how I got Search.conduit.com, I was searching and searching how to get rid of it on my Google Chrome. It was pretty easy for me. I just clicked the 3 little rectangle tiles in the top right hand corner which gives you the settings and tha. Click settings, change the 'Open a specific page or set of pages. Set pages' and removed it. Simple. Not come back since.

Oh, I scanned my computer with Microsoft's Security Essentials and Search & Destroy and come back with nothing. I thought I might post this just in case someone out there has the same problem.

did you install zone alarm firewall it comes with that if you want to remove it click start > control panel > programs and features > click on zone alarm and select uninstall.

press alt (to bring up the menu bar) tools > internet options click on search and select your default search provider.

it can be disabled through manage addons as well in ie9 press alt (on the key board to bring up the menu bar) click tools> manage add ons and click on zonealarm and disable.

synnzz

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013

This is what I used to get the malware off my computer.. Here is the link... http://malwaretips.com/blogs/conduit-search-removal/ Good Luck

brian P

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
I have the same problem... and everyone is an asshole..first... most of these answers are just from assholes trying to sell their antivirus programs..and second..the authorities are assholes for not charging the makers of conduit with a criminal charge... this is bullshit and the same as breaking into your house or car.

Paul T

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
I caught the Conduit Virus on a system protected by Bitdefender. It deactivated Bitdefender and Malwarebytes and would not allow me to download other well known virus scanners. The solution that finally worked was to boot to Safe Mode with Networking and download WebRoot Secure Anywhere from CNET.COM. WebRoot had no problem scanning and finding most of the virus. Next I ran Malwarebytes to remove the rest of the virus files from the computer. Hope this helps anyone else that catches this virus.

Hurlco

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014

Well stated Brian. Not one of these fucked up "solutions" offered by those with questionable motives does ANYTHING to completely remove the felonious "Conduit" crap. You're absolutely right. How come someone can get a life sentence for home invasion...and yet the motherfucking low-life bitches invading computers with Conduit operate without impunity?

Ann44

Reputable
Jun 28, 2014

I did a system restore and I'm up and running again. It has come back twice on my windows 7 PC and both times it was after a 'critical Windows update' Has anyone else noticed this?

Ann44

Reputable
Jun 28, 2014
I did a system restore and I'm up and running again. It has come back twice on my windows 7 PC and both times it was after a 'critical Windows update' Has anyone else noticed this?