Fostex FR-2 transformer

Last response: in Home Audio
August 5, 2005 1:56:25 PM

Just wondering, how many amps does the FR2 take? The specs in the
manual only says 12 v. I want to see if it's possible to get a
transformer at Radio Shack, insead of the AD12-1300.

More about : fostex transformer

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 10:13:40 PM

In article <1123260985.546816.36520@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> greglee@umich.edu writes:

> Just wondering, how many amps does the FR2 take? The specs in the
> manual only says 12 v. I want to see if it's possible to get a
> transformer at Radio Shack, insead of the AD12-1300.

Is this an emergency, or are you trying to save a few bucks?

Is the input AC or DC? I got some nice wall wart DC power supplies, 12
or 15V at 1A from Radio Shack that are very well filtered. They cost
about $20, though.

August 6, 2005 2:05:22 AM

<greglee@umich.edu> wrote:

>Just wondering, how many amps does the FR2 take? The specs in the
>manual only says 12 v. I want to see if it's possible to get a
>transformer at Radio Shack, insead of the AD12-1300.

The information we have says it's 12 VDC @ 1 Ampere.

moskowit@core-sound.com Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 12:42:08 PM

Yeah, just trying to save a few bucks. It is DC current input. The
transformer they recommend is $50. I'll check out radio shack.
Thanks.