Game controller joystick gets "stuck" in Halo

We just purchased Halo for PC and a game controller to play it with. We
installed both. Whenever someone tries to move left, the joystick appears to
get "stuck" (not physically, but virtually) and the character just spins
around in circles. We thought it was the controller, so returned it and got a
totally different model/type which is having the exact same problem. We can't
play the game at all. Does anyone have any suggestions? The video card
appears to be working fine. We are running XP SP2. I'd hate for this to be
$60 down the drain for a game we can't play.

Thank you!!

Hi ToniRex,

Calibrate your control in Control Panel / Game Controllers.
That should allow you to correct it's current behavior.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"ToniRex" <ToniRex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38004D5C-C68B-4767-B693-8993AEFF6DF9@microsoft.com...
> We just purchased Halo for PC and a game controller to play it with. We
> installed both. Whenever someone tries to move left, the joystick appears to
> get "stuck" (not physically, but virtually) and the character just spins
> around in circles. We thought it was the controller, so returned it and got a
> totally different model/type which is having the exact same problem. We can't
> play the game at all. Does anyone have any suggestions? The video card
> appears to be working fine. We are running XP SP2. I'd hate for this to be
> $60 down the drain for a game we can't play.
>
> Thank you!!

try to go to windows control panel game controller and calibrate it that
should do it