Preventing full screen windows

thaprofessor

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2001
first, let me say i'm running windows me. i was wondering if there is a way to prevent windows from going full screen. i have a few games that seem to only go full screen which i hate cuz i can't chat or do anything else. alt tab, alt esc, alt enter, none works. i know there's gotta be a way because i read it on a faq for a video game but they didn't say how to do it. is this something you would have to actually hack the software for or is there something in the registry i can edit or what?

Lowlypawn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
How can I run Diablo II in a window?
PC users, simply create a shortcut to Diablo II. Right click on the shortcut, select "Properties" and add -w at the end of the Target. (Example: Target: "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -w) Mac users can press command+M to switch between windowed and full-screen mode.

<font color=green>1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nd4? 4.Nxe5?? Qg5 5.Nxf7 Qxg2 6.Rf1 Qxe4+ 7.Be2 Nf3#</font color=green>

Zlash

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
If the game is made to not be alt-tabbed or run in a window you would have to either get a hack to run it in a window or make one.

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>